Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Philly Lacks Phlava

This is one of the few restaurant reviews I have left to post, still working hard on the new clean eating goal, getting better and better ever day. I was cleared by the cardiologist so that's a plus. I hope to be in the best shape of my life by the time my baby is born 1/1/2012!!

So me and the Misses were out and about running some errands our normal weekend activity. When I got a craving (and I'm not the pregnant one) for a Philly Cheese Steak, after searching for a place close by I broke my code of going to small locally owned restaurants and went to Philly Phlava on the corner of Dale Mabry and Fletcher.



First off the place is small and covered floor to ceiling with signs and posters. Decorated with stainless steel and plastic. The overall look of the place you would think they have to know what they are doing with the sandwiches.We decided to share a sandwich with (onions, peppers, shrooms, and provolone) and some cheddar bacon fries.



 After overcoming the "sticker shock" we take our seat and wait for the food, now I've heard a few good things about this place so I hoped for the best. After realizing they charge for just about everything, air seems to be the only free thing there. Our food came to the table. It was very fresh and hot.



The quality of the food I would have expected from a sandwich truck not a place with philly in the name, the fries were boring and without the cheese and bacon I would have left them in the basket. I rarely ever give bad reviews and this one isn't "bad" really but more of a warning that you can get the same quality from the mall's food court or a sandwich truck for a better price. Their big thing is their rolls and those were just a little better than average.




So until I can find a really good Philly I will just stick to making them at home. So if your out and about and want to see what Philly Phlava is all about by all means stop in and see, but I won't be back. You can find it at; 13149 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33618


Philly Phlava on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment