Monday, May 30, 2011

A turn for the Healthy!

Well it looks like my recipes from here on out are going to be more on the healthy side. Last Thursday I got a call from my doctor after seeing them that Wednesday and being in the ER twice a few months back complaining of chest pains. That while we are trying to figure out the root of the chest pains, they found out I have a fatty liver and if I don't change a few things around I'm gonna be in well.....not the best shape. So now I plan to correct all the food and lifestyle mistakes I can. Especially since I found out about 5 weeks ago I'm going to be a new Daddy!!!



So I doubt I will do 1 restaurant review a month now. I have about 3 that im still writing, but after that it will be slim to none. I now have to rework all the amazing things I cook on a regular basis so it is liver and calorie friendly, but now I'm on a mission!! I have been eating healthier for the past 6 to 8 months but I have slacked on portions, caloric intake, and exercise. Well its changing, I plan to make my self write down everything I swallow, work out for at least 6 hours a week.So I'm going to post before and after shots (& maybe progress pictures too)....


 

 I have already cut out soda months ago along with fried food... So this is my farewell to junk food, huge portions of red meat, restaurant food, loads of my wife’s homemade baked goods and all other sorts of delicious-ness I have come to love, but it will all be worth it to be 100% healthy again and I get back into the shape I use to be so its a win, win. I just have to REALLY stick with it this time instead of losing some weight and being satisfied and going back and eating not so great and just maintaining the weight I lost but not losing any more. I have to do it, not only because I want to look and feel better....because I'm going to have a new baby in Jan!!! So wish me luck and pray for me! I hope all these changes come easy for me. So be on the look out for healthier recipes and more blog of my babble!
 
I will leave you with a recipe my wife made me the other day, I have to say this is by far better than i ever expected, and is my new favorite "healthy" lunch.
 
Orchard Chicken Salad

3 c apples (your choice), chopped small
½ lemon juice (to stop the apples from browning)
½ c celery, chopped small
4 c baked chicken (topped with basil, parsley, & rosemary) cut into cubes
¼ c golden raisins
¼ c dried cranberries (I used dried cranberries infused with cherry juice)
¾ c mayo (or just enough to incorporate everything together)
½ ts celery seed
salt & pepper to taste

Mix everything together and spread onto a whole wheat tortilla. Top with spinach, tomato, or cheese if you like.


Eat & Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment